Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
301 Permanent Redirect Available?
2/16/2008 19:33
If I do the Dynadot starter webhosting package will I be able to set up a 301 Permanent Redirect for mysite.com to www.mysite.com?
Reply Quote
2/19/2008 15:58
If you have web hosting with us, you do not need to set up a redirect (domain forwarding).  You just need to upload your website files to the web hosting plan.

If you do not want to purchase a web hosting plan, please follow these steps to set up domain forwarding:

How do I set up domain forwarding?

What is domain forwarding?

Domain forwarding is the process of redirecting a website visitor to another domain name prior to the initial webpage loading. This will prevent the user from visiting the original URL destination, and will instead forward them to a specified web address.

To set up domain forwarding on any of your domain names, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS page, select the "Dynadot Forwarding" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. Enter the URL of the page you wish to forward to, following the format of the example given.
  7. Press the "Forward Domain" button to save your changes.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.

Check how the Advanced Options work

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > How do I set up domain forwarding?
Reply Quote
2/20/2008 17:55
I want that when someone types  mysite.com into a browser that it automatically forwards/redirects to the subdomain www.mysite.com.

I also want for the method used to accomplish this to be a 301 Permanent Redirect instead of a 302 Temporary Redirect.

Which one will Dynadot allow me to use... 301, 302, or either??
Reply Quote
2/21/2008 16:57
Our web hosting packages automatically forward http://mysite.com to http://www.mysite.com.  I do not know if it is a permanent redirect or a temporary redirect though.
Reply Quote
2/21/2008 18:14
Well... I need to know before I purchase Dynadot hosting. You work for Dynadot I don't so maybe you can ask someone or you can tell me who I need to ask to find out. I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.
Reply Quote
2/22/2008 16:06
The redirect used for our web hosting packages is a 302 temporary redirect.
Reply Quote