Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Very strange FTP and site access problem
5/11/2011 18:20
Hi,

Yesterday I was asking if honeydew was down because I experienced some connection problems. Let me explain.

For past 2 days I was trying to access my ftp account through filezilla. I used the configuration file available through cpanel. I imported the settings in filezilla and using new ftp account (created through cpanel) tried to connect.

Connection was not possible (critical error, connection failed - and no more explanation :( ) but just after few tries I couldn't access my site anymore. Cpanel was also inaccessible.

I supposed that there is some problem with honeydew and decided to wait. Next day I realised that the connection is back. Immediately I tried to connect through ftp reasoning that the last time's failure was caused by honeydew's issues. Ftp connection was not successful, but, I also lost connection to my site again. At that point I asked if honeydew is down.

I went home and same day noticed that my site is up. I uploaded some files through cpanel's file manager and made some changes to my site. I also tried to connect to ftp again but this time I just went to ftp address from opera. Opera asked for credentials and I could log in and see the content of my account. I realized that the ftp connection is possible and tried to connect through filezilla again. Connection failed and I lost access to my site and cpanel again.

So far, I could access my site from two different IP addresses up to the point when I tried and failed to connect to ftp account. After ftp connection attempt I lost access to my site and cpanel from these IP's.

Is there any IP-ban mechanism in place, protecting the account from automated password cracking or something alike?
Maybe the order of events is simply accidental but I cant access my site again and that's what came to my mind as the reason.

Please help me understand what is happening.

Best regards,
Bartosz.
Reply Quote
5/18/2011 17:37
OK, never mind.
Reply Quote