Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Using FTP via InternetExplorer
5/22/2015 02:22
For ages, seems like years now, I have been using the FTP that comes with Internet Explorer.

In the past,the process was as simple as the following,
+Just type in 'ftp://webhost.dynadot.com'
+Click on 'page', then at the bottom of that click on 'open FTP'
+Up pops a new window, similar to what you seen when viewing the contents of your pen drive or etc.

But moments ago, I have found this does not work.

At the bottom of 'page' I get 'Open FTP site in Internet Explorer', I click on that then a pop up says 'This FTP site can not be viewed in Internet Explorer'

Does anybody know what the problem is, and is there a solution?

While I remain on Windows XP on the same computer, I seem to now have IE #8 for the first time.  Could this be the cause?
Reply Quote
5/28/2015 01:40
Sorry for the late answer. We recently changed our TLS protocol which may have caused some older browser having problem connecting to our site. Please try from a latest browser and email us at [email protected] if the problem still exists.
Reply Quote
6/2/2015 21:32
I have Internet Explorer 8, although I am still on Windows XP.

I get a better result than before, but now when I click on 'Open FTP into Internet Explorer'  I get an alert saying 'This FTP site can not be viewed in Internet Explorer'

Just to be sure, the following is the correct URL?

ftp://webhost.dynadot.com/
Reply Quote