Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
user name & password
6/19/2012 00:43
I cannot open my email because i keep getting asked for user name & password to log on to webhost pop. dynadot. I have tried all paswords & user names.
Labrat
Reply Quote
6/19/2012 05:53
I have been getting the same message since yesterday afternoon.  I have logged in directly to Dynadot and emails are finally coming in this morning. But they can not be brought down - sent or received - through Outlook or BlackBerry.

Is Dynadot aware of the issue, and when might it be resolved?

As a customer it would be nice to know that there is an issue and that Dynadot is working on it.  Instead silence seems to be the norm.  

Why is there no Twitter, Facebook, or forum for system status?

That would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Susan
Reply Quote
6/19/2012 10:50
The error is on our end.  Our tech team had been making some changes to our Basic Hosting server after the DDoS attacks and there was a bug.  The passwords for many email accounts on this server were changed to a numeric default.  As a result,  mail clients are turning up a password inconsistency.  It is quite easy to reset your password to what is was before so that it will match the password used in your  mail client.  

Please follow the steps shown here:

http://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question.html?aid=36

You will see the field to change the password.  Each individual address will have its own password and will likely need to be reset.  

Please accept our sincere apologies for the error.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Jun 19, 2012 10:50am.]
Reply Quote