Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Slow Hosting and Website Down - Please Help
1/17/2014 07:25
Hi,

My website has www.khemcorp.com has seemingly gone down, nobody has replied to my previous email which stated my website is running extremely slowly from abroad...this is taking the piss. I had been looking forward to working on the website these few days and now I can't even access my cpanel or ftp. I have paid over $100 us for dynadots services including domain name registration, this wasn't what I was expecting. Please rectify this. T

Previous Email:

Dear Dynadot Representative,

My dynadot hosting which I recently bought for a year is excruciatingly slow. My website khemcorp.com loads slower from Asia (South Korea and Hong Kong) slower than any other website i've ever hosted. As I've purchased the hosting for a year I can't change hosting easily. This is an e-commerce website and the slow speed of the website (at more than 10 seconds per page and sometimes even more) is going to frustrate prospective customers and other browsers. I hope you treat this as a complaint as I am dissatisfied with this speed especially since I have bought a year's worth of hosting.

The website may load fast from the states, as I am not a technical expert and have no idea of telling, but I am based in Asia and I have used many other hosting services before, ones where the servers are based in the US or in Europe and never have I seen simple wordpress pages load so slowly.

Best regards,

Joey Wong
Reply Quote
1/19/2014 00:12
hey it seems you are on the blueberry server.

Cherry is also running a bit slow.

no point getting this upset over page load speed. its not like its like this all the time.

once the admin find out the server speeds are slow which my guess they know by now they fix it quite fast.

if you want to know how fast your site loads in other countries use a proxy. but Dynadot are generally good. If your site is wordpress have you tried configuring the plugin W3 Total Cache? its a great plugin that minimizes all of your css and javascrtipt and caches the website so it loads fast for every one.
Reply Quote
1/19/2014 17:48
WordPress is known for, at times, being a CPU and Memory hog.  If it isn't WordPress itself, it can be one of the plugins that is added to it.  

With shared hosting, there are spikes in CPU and memory usage from other users on the server which can cause a temporary lag.  It would be helpful if all sites could be optimized against this.  A good place to start is to check your plugins:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/
Reply Quote