Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Setting new hosting dynadot
8/8/2014 21:16
Hi All,
I'm a nubi and I don't know anything about coding, also sorry for my bad english
I have a website www.dbrandcom.com, that can't be access right now because "pageok".

After do some browsing, "pageok" is kind of hack of spam plugin wordpress.
Because I can't access admin page & cpanel, so I decide to buying & using dynadot hosting. (before that I using elsewhere hosting godaddy).

My plan is using new hosting (dynadot) to forget the old hosting that already been hack or something.

I just follow the step to connect domain with hosting (basic hosting from dynadot), I think I did it.
But my website still cannot be accsess "pageok".

Please please please,, somebody help me.

Thanks
Reply Quote
8/10/2014 15:52
You are still pointing your domain to your old host. The IP you are using shows the same error when you visit it directly. If you want to point to your hosting with us instead, please use these steps:

My domain is registered at Dynadot and I also use your Email plan. How do I configure my domain to my Email package?

To use your Email plan, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and then click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "Email Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. Select "Dynadot Email Hosting" from the list of choices (we no longer sell new Advanced Hosting plans).
  6. Press the "Save Email Settings" button to save your changes.
  7. You should now see "Dynadot Email Hosting" listed alongside your domain on the "Manage Domains" in your Dynadot account.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > My domain is registered at Dynadot an...
Reply Quote
8/11/2014 22:32
Hiii...Thanks for your reply..
I follow the step and its workk! Thanks.

But there is a problem, I can't accept email.
Then I try back to the previeus dns setting, my email works again. (I use gmail MX Record)
But, when I access website its "Pageok" again.

So, when I use the "Basic hosting" my website can access but not my email.
When I use the old dns setting, my email its work, but the website cannot access.

How to fix the website & email?

Thankss...
Reply Quote
8/12/2014 14:00
If you want to use your Dynadot hosting package for your website and host your email with a third party, you can certainly do that. You just need to change your existing A records to point to your Basic Hosting plan. Change the IP addresses to 173.245.76.50 and it will reflect your content in your Basic Hosting account.

How do I create an A record to point my domain to an IP address?

To create an A record, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS Settings page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Domain Record (optional)" section, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  7. In the "Subdomain Records (optional)" section, enter "www" as the subdomain, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  8. Press the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Please be aware it might take some time for your settings to propagate.

Wix Hosting, Weebly

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > How do I create an A record to point ...

You can leave your MX records as they are so the domain continues to point to your email server.
Reply Quote
8/18/2014 03:47
Hii Thankss...

Its work now.

another question..
How to install wordpress on basic hosting?
I just googling and I've found that wordpress only can install on advance hosting.

How can I upgrade my "basic hosting" to "advance hosting" without loosing my money for 1 year (basic hosting that I already buy).

Does "ADVANCED HOSTING" is same as "ADVANCED USERS (VPS)"

Thanks
Reply Quote
8/21/2014 15:14
That is correct, the Basic Hosting plan does not have the PHP and database support you need to run WordPress.

"ADVANCED HOSTING" is not the same as "ADVANCED USERS (VPS)"  

We no longer sell the product referred to as "ADVANCED HOSTING"

VPS is for power users.  It is an SSH shell only, but you have more ability to do exactly what you want with it. It can also be ordered with WordPress pre-installed. Look for the OS/image options during the checkout process.
Reply Quote