Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Sent email to Dynadot account, hasn't arrived in inbox
11/2/2013 15:05
Hi,

I sent myself a test email to my Dynadot account and it never arrived in my inbox.  I turned on the forwarding and tried again, but it never arrived at the inbox or the forwarding address.  Why would this be?

Thanks,

Nina
Reply Quote
11/4/2013 15:27
It's because your domain is set to forward.  When you use the 'Basic Hosting' setting, the MX record needed for email is included automatically.  If you use something like forwarding or our DNS, it would need to be added in manually.  

I see you have set up email forwarding using the aliases that come free with registration.  If you'd like to use your domain email instead, please revisit the 'Email Forwarding' page and select the 'Deliver email to another mail host (MX record):' option.  The MX record you need is 'webhost.dynadot.com'.  The priority can be set to 0.  The steps below will help get you to the right page.

How can I disable my email settings?

If you have set up email forwarding or MX records through the Email Setting page and would like to disable it, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "Email Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the "Email Settings" page, select the "Not Set" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. Click the "Save Email Settings" button to save your changes.
From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > How can I disable my email settings?
Reply Quote