Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Problem setting up CNAME email domain with Zoho Mail?
3/9/2016 08:43
Is there somewhere a step by step guide to specifically set up Zoho Mail with Dynadot?
Who did this succesfully before?
The steps are not clear.

1. Log in to your account where your domain's DNS is hosted.(Your DNS Host)

2. Open your Domain Management Page to update the DNS Records (DNS Manager).

3. Locate the option to add CNAME records (Generally found under DNS Records)

4. In the Name/ Host/ Alias/ CNAME add the code generated in Zoho, zb******

5. In the Value/ Points To/ Destination field addzmverify.zoho.com

6. If the TTL is editable, reduce the TTL to 300 seconds or the minimum possible value recommended by your Registrar.

7. Click Save or Add Record option to save the CNAME Records.

The steps 4 & 5 are really not clear. I do not not know where to insert the values.
Please can somebody tell me exactly where in DNS Tab I have to insert both of these?
Reply Quote
3/11/2016 11:35
You're currently using the website builder, which means enabling DNS would override your website builder settings resulting in your site going down. Are you able to simply set MX records for your email?

How can I add an MX record on your "Email Settings" page?

To add an MX record on the "Email Settings" page, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Click "My Domains", and "Manage Domains" from the left-side menu bar.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "Email Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the "Email Settings" page, select the "MX records" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. Enter the MX value in the "Mail Host" field and the priority in the "Priority" field. Priority 0 is the highest priority.
  7. Click on the "Save Email Settings" button to save your changes.
From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Domain Settings > How can I add an MX record on your "E...

Adding the MX record this way would keep your domain set to the website builder and allow you to use email with MX records. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
Reply Quote