Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
php/mysql connection prbleoms
5/27/2010 21:18
Hello, well,I have a constant problem with my mysql connectivity, I have read a lot about it and it seems to be a problem with my hosting:

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /home/zetazeta/public_html/entrecomillados.com/ctabla.php on line 3"

I really have read a lot about it, and I have tried almost everything. :S

They say in here that that's a problem with the hosting.
I have this problem with another account ('zuxana',she is my girlfriend) and according this webpage the probem is'nt mine.

http://php.about.com/od/troubleshooting/f/connect_error.htm

So... ehat can I do? I mean, the username/password are the same that thoso for my cpanel... aren't they?

Anyway. Can someone help me please?
Reply Quote
Posted By zvt
6/14/2010 07:58
So you can not do. You must create the database, and add to it new username and password from db. I recommend the wizard mysql database if you do not know how to do it.

Under no circumstances enter your login to Cpanel anywhere.

[This post has been edited by kaverigroup on Jun 14, 2010 7:59am.]
Reply Quote
6/14/2010 18:09
"So... ehat can I do? I mean, the username/password are the same that thoso for my cpanel... aren't they?"

It's not the same username and password.

As mentioned above, you need to create a PHP Database, a User/Password and then associate that user with the correct database.  You'd use the username and password you created for your database in your installation.
Reply Quote