Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
My entire "Advanced Web Hosting" package crashed!!!!!!
5/12/2013 23:40
Wow! I just setup the account/package a couple of days ago and I was logging into the master FTP account (and I blew the password a couple of times) and then the whole thing went down. No active websites, no CPanel, nothing!!!! And there's no status information in the main account pages (as far as I can see).

OK. So maybe something with the bad passwords caused a lock to set in which then locked everything. Everything!!!!! But still. Does this mean that somebody hacking into the FTP account will cause the package to .... I am angry, disappointed ...

Is this normal????????

Aaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
5/13/2013 11:19
OK! So it's 2PM here in Toronto (2 hours since "Customer Service" started at Dynadot) and my "hosting package" is still dead ... No websites, no CPanel, no FTP, nothing ... 12 hours after the thing crashed. I'm guessing my request for assistance have been duly placed in a queue and will receive "personal" attention whenever somebody gets around to it.
Reply Quote
5/13/2013 16:45
Our apologies for not getting back to you sooner.  Yes, emails are answered in the order received once we begin our work day.  As it turns out, your hosting did not crash. It was only that your IP address was blocked due to too many failed FTP login attempts.  This applied to your IP only.  All other visitors would have found your site online.
Reply Quote
5/24/2013 23:15
OK. It's been a little over a week now and Customer Service has treated me with professionalism and (considering how big an idiot I am) courtesy beyond the call of duty. I am a happy camper! Thanks!
Reply Quote
5/30/2013 15:55
You're welcome!  We're here if you need us again!
Reply Quote