Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
My domain name is with Dynadot. I want to change to simple static HTML website
8/11/2013 00:36
Hi--I recently closed my account with Acorn, though it is not reflected here yet. The cPanel was too complicated for me to use.  So I want to have Dynadot, which is my domain host, also be my basic website host with a simple static HTML account that I can show my art portfolio with. I don't know if I need to pay someone to do this or not.  I have a zipped backup of my website.  Is there anyway I can transfer it to a Static HTML website so you can host it and get it back on-line. I need to have an exhibit and no one has access to my website at this time.
Reply Quote
8/11/2013 02:42
Can someone please answer my question.  I really need help!
Reply Quote
8/12/2013 03:06
Please answer my question.
Reply Quote
8/15/2013 11:20
To access your basic hosting, please follow these steps:

How do I access my Email plan?

NOTE: We no longer support the "hosting" services in our Email plan (formerly called Email Hosting), including FTP. New purchases of our Email service will only have access to an email control panel to manage emails.

To access your Email plan, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Emails" from the left-side menu bar.
  3. Click on the "Sign in" link.
  4. Your Email Hosting will load in a new window on your browser. From here, you can manage your email settings, add new email addresses, and configure your email accounts.

Additionally, our email service can be accessed from the Dynadot App by clicking "My Emails" > choosing the email plan you need to use > Sign in.

How do I set my domain to your Email Hosting?
How do I create domain email addresses in my Email plan?
How do I let others access their email online with my Email plan? From Help Section: Email Plan > How do I access my Email plan?

You will need to connect your domain with your basic hosting using these steps:

My domain is registered at Dynadot and I also use your Email plan. How do I configure my domain to my Email package?

To use your Email plan, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and then click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "Email Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. Select "Dynadot Email Hosting" from the list of choices (we no longer sell new Advanced Hosting plans).
  6. Press the "Save Email Settings" button to save your changes.
  7. You should now see "Dynadot Email Hosting" listed alongside your domain on the "Manage Domains" in your Dynadot account.

Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > My domain is registered at Dynadot an...

Once you have done this, you will need to learn HTML to rebuild your website's pages.  Free HTML tutorials can be found online:

http://www.w3schools.com/
http://codeforunicorns.com/

If you have a local backup available, you might be able to enable a host from your home internet to do the conversion. Or you if your site is less than 3 pages, you can try to recreate it using our site builder.
Reply Quote