Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Just bought some new domains. Need instruction.
9/12/2012 19:17
So I just renewed my advanced hosting plan and bought a couple new domains. If I would like to set these domains to the hosting package what do I do?

I set the name servers to dynadot advanced hosting, is this the only step?
Reply Quote
9/14/2012 17:58
That is the first step.

Now that you've done that, you log into your CPanel account and look for the "Add On Domains" icon.  

You can add the domain names there.  

Any files you have for those websites would simply be added to the folders that are created for the domains.
Reply Quote
9/15/2012 18:03
Ok, I've added it.

One more question though. My main domain is about to expire (and I no longer need it) will the addon domain take it's place?
Reply Quote
9/16/2012 15:17
No,  the add-on will remain an add-on. It is not possible to change the main domain associated with an Advanced Hosting account.
Reply Quote
9/17/2012 08:05
I might have a problem then... I renewed my hosting for a domain that expired. Does this mean I won't be able to use my new domain on that hosting package?
Reply Quote
9/17/2012 13:27
You can use new domains as add-ons,  they just cannot be the main domain assigned to the account.
Reply Quote
9/17/2012 17:48
What will happen to the main domain once it has expired?

If it can't be changed will it just show up on my cpanel window but be hidden online?

As long as my other addon domains will still work even if the main one expires I will be fine.

Thanks for the help so far.
Reply Quote
9/18/2012 13:51
The website and email will be offline once the domain expires.  This will not affect the other domains in your hosting package.  The one problem that could arise,  is if another Dynadot customer purchases the domain and then tries to use our Advanced Hosting to host it.  They would not be able to do so since the domain would be seen as part of your hosting account.
Reply Quote
9/18/2012 22:43
There needs to be a way of removing that link for an expired domain.

Perhaps retain the default link until the expired domain gets deleted from the user account in case of a late re-registration by the original owner.  But once the domain name gets deleted, then this link to this web hosting needs to be broken.
Reply Quote
9/28/2012 18:23
EDIT: I'll make a new topic

[This post has been edited by j_r_mississauga_ca_1 on Sep 28, 2012 7:54pm.]
Reply Quote