Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
How to host domain and sub.domain.com on 2 IP's?
9/27/2011 05:46
Hi,

I'd like to do the following:

www.domain.com will be hosted on one IP
subdomain.domain.com needs to be hosted on another IP

Is this possible and what changes do I need to make and where?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
Posted By nexus
9/28/2011 09:46
On your account page, click the Domains tab, and click the link under the Name Server column for the domain you want to change. The link will say something like "Dynadot DNS: [IP]". At the top, set the record type to A, and enter the IP you'd like www.yourdomain.com to point to. Underneath, there's a bit list of empty fields. Set the first empty box to "subdomain", set the droppdown to an A record, nd the third text box to the IP you'd like to host subdomain.yourdomain.com at. Click "Use Dynadot DNS" at the bottom, and your changes should propagate shortly.
Reply Quote
Posted By nexus
9/28/2011 09:49
Edit: sorry, double post.

[This post has been edited by nexus on Sep 28, 2011 9:50am.]
Reply Quote
9/28/2011 15:31
The above is correct, you'd need to use the DNS tab to do that.  

How do I create an A record to point my domain to an IP address?

To create an A record, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS Settings page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Domain Record (optional)" section, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  7. In the "Subdomain Records (optional)" section, enter "www" as the subdomain, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  8. Press the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Please be aware it might take some time for your settings to propagate.

Wix Hosting, Weebly

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > How do I create an A record to point ...
Reply Quote