Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Google apps for email host
9/17/2011 02:52
I am using advanced dynadot hosting for the domain suestergocoaching.com. The site works quite well. However I have my mx with google apps and I have entered the google mail servers in the email forwarding section using the settings they suggest but I have had these settings in place for a few weeks but doing an mx lookup still reports going to the ip address of mango.dynadot.com. What am I doing wrong! I believe I have followed the directions and I am not a noon at this kind of stuff but hey there's a first time for everything, dynadot dns seems quite different to other providers.
Reply Quote
9/20/2011 18:03
To work properly, you should actually add your MX records directly through CPanel and not through the Dynadot DNS panel.  If you log into your CPanel account, you should see an icon that says, "MX Records."  

There should already be a record there, so you need to delete it.  Once you do that, you can add your Google MX Records.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Sep 20, 2011 6:04pm.]
Reply Quote