Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Forwarded email account bouncing with "552 over quota"
3/15/2015 20:54
I've been hosting this particular domain here since 2012. I've had my main email address forwarding to Gmail that whole time. Someone just informed me that they received a bounce, so I tested, and am getting:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain lunalindsey.com by parkmail.dynadot.com. [54.68.4.223].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 over quota

My gmail account is not full (nor is it the source-server of the bounce message), and I checked my hosting account, which also is not over any limits, that I can tell. I haven't changed anything about my hosting setup lately. Has anything changed on your end?

Thanks!

Luna
Reply Quote
3/16/2015 12:46
Looks like the forwarding got turned off? That doesn't explain why messages weren't going into my dynadot inbox, tho, because "deliver to inbox" is checked. They should at least be there, not bounced for "over quota".

I'm pretty concerned that this suddenly stopped working, or that this setting somehow got changed. I've added the forwarding address back in, and for now, I've left "deliver to inbox" checked for monitoring purposes.

Is there a way to open a ticket with support to find out how this happened so I can avoid it happening again? This is my business address, and it's very important I not lose messages sent here. I haven't logged into Dynadot for several months, so there's no way I changed the setting.
Reply Quote
3/16/2015 18:23
A ticket system isn't in place at Dynadot, at the moment, but you'll definitely want to send an email to our technical support team so they can investigate the issue. The email address is [email protected].
Reply Quote
3/17/2015 13:00
Awesome, thank you!
Reply Quote
3/18/2015 06:35
You are most welcome.
Reply Quote