Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email Problem/ Old ISP vs. New Domain email in Outlook
8/21/2007 17:13
I just purchased a domain name from Dynadot for the sole purpose of having an email address that looks more professional for my small business. My current email for my business has an SBC.net extension, as SBC is my ISP. I can access my emails online at SBC (now AT&T Yahoo). I can then close yahoo and double click on Outlook 2002. I have it programed so that Outlook then pulls in my web emails from Yahoo. This allows me the luxury of working offline in Outlook instead of Yahoo's online email system.

Problem:

Once I purchase webhosting and email from Dynadot, I wish to establish new email addresses with my new domain name.
I can't figure out how to bring those emails into the same Outlook 2002 program without disconnecting my SBC.net default email address. I wish to retain the SBC.net email address for personal email purposes.

Ideally in the future when I double click on Outlook 2002 when connected to the web, Outlook will pull in emails  from both my web based Dynadot account and my sbc.net account.

Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
8/21/2007 19:21
You have 2 options here

Purchase email hosting for your domain and then setup an email account(s) and do the configuration in outlook (Not expensive but it does cost something for decent services and you need to know how to setup your outlook account.)
A good hoster with easy to use unlimited email accounts (POP3 as in outlook and web access like hotmail etc for travelling) and hosting go to this mob

Option 2. With dynadot registration services you can go into the domain management area and setup email accounts that automatically forward any email sent to them directly to your current sbc.net email account. No other setup required in outlook, get the professional look and no cost. However down side is outgoings will show you sbc.net account details.
Reply Quote