Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email issue
11/10/2011 04:36
I was wondering if anybody could provide me with some assistance.

I added a webaddress in the "Webpage to Forward to" section of the forwarding tab. This was to forward the webpage to a different site. This works fine and I had assumed it would only forward the web address and not affect the emails. Is my understanding correct?

The MX records were already set and working to send emails to a server in the company's office. Now emails are not being received. Does the webpage forwarding option overwrite how the MX records direct?

I went to remove the forwarding and the system will not let me enter a blank address - it seems impossible to return to now not have it forwarding. Does anyone know how I can remove the forwarding?  

Any help appreciated. I cannot contact the dynadot team for support as the time difference means they are not open yet.

Kind regards,

Fraser
Reply Quote
11/16/2011 18:29
"This works fine and I had assumed it would only forward the web address and not affect the emails. Is my understanding correct?"

It depends on how the domain was set up prior to you making your changes.  For example, if your domain was previously using Name Servers and you set the domain to use Forwarding, email would be effected.  The Name Servers control all of the DNS settings, including MX records, so by disabling the use of those Name Servers, you'd need also be effecting the MX records.  To fix that, you'd need to add MX records through our system.  

If you wanted to use Forwarding and then make sure your email works, after you add the Forwarding, you'd add MX records using these steps:
Reply Quote