Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
cPanel (and site) not working
6/20/2012 07:35
I just activated the advanced Hosting and now I try to configure my site. First I had some problems with logging in cPanel. Everytime it says wrong password. After a few times resetting my password, I finally got access in cPanel.

Then I tried to log on the FTP, but again password problems.

Now nothing is working anymore. I can't reach cPanel anymore, FTP is not working, and I have no idea how to set things up here.

When I click on the edit site link, I get new tab and it keeps loading. After a while it says that the server takes to long to answer.  

What can I do? Is there some "reset" function to start all over again? Hoe can I access cPanel again?
Reply Quote
6/20/2012 16:05
The eggplant.dynadot.com server is currently running at full capacity.  Your cPanel password should be the same as your FTP password.

If you're unable to access cPanel, your IP address may be blocked for too many failed password attempts.  We can certainly check this out for you.  Please give us the IP address you are working from so we can investigate.

You can also send an email to [email protected] to keep you details private.
Reply Quote
6/21/2012 01:40
Well, I had this email from you that the IP block was removed.

But it is still not working. cPanel keeps telling me I have wrong username / password. I reset the password now a few times again, and still can't log in.

Also FTP gives problems. You told me in that default FTP account has same password as cPanel. But that is again not working. I created a new FTP account and also that one is giving message username / password invalid.

Update:

Finally after 5 times resetting my password, I can login on cPanel. Then I changed the password manually again and now have access to FTP finally.

This is a very annoying bug.

[This post has been edited by j_b_linschoten_nl on Jun 21, 2012 1:50am.]
Reply Quote
6/21/2012 16:13
We have not received any other complaints from other users on the same server yet.  Can you send us screenshots of the exact steps you are taking? Also, the error messages? You can send them to [email protected].
Reply Quote