Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Block an IP with Basic Hosting
8/16/2015 16:32
I have a couple of trouble makers (spammers) hitting my site, and I'm on a basic hosting plan. Is there any way at all I can block an IP number? In particular, this one 220.181.156.195?

Please help!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
9/1/2015 16:34
No, not currently, but we'll look into the matter and see if it's possible to do in the future.
Reply Quote
9/5/2016 04:40
Hi, I have the same problem. How did you solve it?
Reply Quote
9/19/2016 14:59
Have you reported the abuse with the hosting provider itself? They may be able to take action against the spamming domain/account.
Reply Quote
10/14/2016 07:43
I have, but it is some Chinese provider and they are not answering.

Wouldn't it make sense to enable your users to block certain IPs from accessing their sites?
Reply Quote
10/30/2016 02:27
It could be a little bit hard to do this since the spam itself can come from any ip address and the best way will still be reporting the spam to the hosting provider or complaint them to ICANN. But if you could provide more details about the spam to us at [email protected]. We might be able to take a further look and see if there is anything we could do from our side.
Reply Quote