Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Basic Hosting question
9/16/2014 19:06
Hi there, I'm fairly new to all this so excuse me if my question seems ridiculous.

I purchased a domain name and the "basic hosting" (the two options were VPS hosting and Basic Hosting)

I'm trying to install WordPress and I read in your help section that Basic Hosting does not allow WordPress, but Advanced Hosting does.  I then went into my account -> hosting and saw that there was an "Advanced Hosting" option but I didn't pay anything extra.

When I selected this "Advanced Hosting" option I still wasn't able to install WordPress through the process described in your help section.

Do I need to upgrade to something?  If so, what do I need to upgrade to and how do I get there?

Thanks for all your help.
Reply Quote
9/30/2014 12:32
The 'Advanced Hosting' setting will only work for your domain if you have that product. It is not a product we sell any longer. Currently, our hosting options are 'Basic Hosting' and 'VPS' Of the two, only VPS will support a WordPress page.
Reply Quote