Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Assign WordPress Install per FTP Account
Posted By zanes
3/13/2012 02:13
The subject really explains what I am doing, but for further in depth, here it goes.

I noticed in the 'Fantastico Deluxe' there is an application installation for 'Word Press' CMS.

I develop websites based on WordPress and they are fully coded to be Word Pressed themed.

I want to host websites off my my DynaDot Advanced Web hosting Package and allow my friends to edit their blog sites on there own.

QUESTION

Can I install the Word Press installation panel from Fantastico Deluxe onto one individual FTP Account. This way, each one of my friends with their own blog can have access to edit their Word Press website via and FTP installation of the Word Press application from Fantastico Deluxe?

*Notice* cPanel is a pain in the butt since I cannot assign sub-users to restricted domains or hosting so I have to assign different FTP accounts.
Reply Quote
3/26/2012 17:09
I don't think FTP and WordPress are tied together like that. Perhaps your friends can have their own WordPress admin username/password from each installation.
Reply Quote