Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Search monitoring/stolen domains?
6/7/2012 07:39
On Monday I searched for paleosauce.com and paleosauces.com from the dynadot search box.  They were both available.  I talked to my wife and she approved the purchase.  Today, Thursday, I go to purchase them and they are both registered by someone at GoDaddy.

It's extremely hard to believe this is chance.  Has anyone else had this happen?
Reply Quote
6/7/2012 09:16
According to the Whois, the domain paleosauce.com was registered back on July 11, 2010 and paleosauces.com was registered on January 9, 2011.

The domain should not have said available on the search.  We did notice that other TLD's are available to register.
Reply Quote
8/20/2013 03:05
(for future finders of this post!)
@gollyjer "Has anyone else had this happen?"

--> Its happened to me, several times. Thats part of how I came to do ALL of my registration business with dynadot.

(Besides the date issues pointed out above) The Big Q would have been: did you ONLY (I mean ONLY) do your searching here at dynadot? MANY, MANY other places on the web who offer either name-brand services, or slick web2.0 domain search tools will 'sniff' your searches for anything valuable. They are generally really good at it, and have very sophisticated techniques in place to accomplish such 'sniffing' VERY quickly... I once had a pair of great address snatched in a five minute window (and yes, they were actually identifiable in their whois as the same people who owned the search tool I was using... the combination of arrogance, brilliance and idiocy kinda surprised me ;)

The point is: If you thought of a great idea once, you can do it again; and when you do, search on dynadot or gandi[.]net (a french company with solid rep, much more expensive then dynadot)

cheers

:)

[edit: I feel I really should mention that I also have had some 'odd' experiences at godaddy... & Bob Parson's penchant for hunting elephants, oh and his chauvinism are reason enough in my book for a scathing mention]
Reply Quote