Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
When does the billing period finish?
9/20/2008 22:38
Does a month of hosting end thirty days after the day of the month you purchased it, or at the end of each calendar month?
Reply Quote
9/22/2008 17:51
The billing cycle ends 365 days after the day you purchased it.  

So for your month of hosting, if you purchase it on August 14, 2008, then your month would end around September 13, 2008.
Reply Quote
9/23/2008 02:29
and the bandwidth allotment is per month not per year?

Because my site exceeded it's bandwidth in the last billing month but is still reading as in excess this month. It never returned...
Reply Quote
9/25/2008 17:34
The "bandwidth usage" bar you see in your hosting summary is the bandwidth for the year.  30GB per month times 12 months = 360GB.  So you've exceeded the bandwidth for the rest of the year.  

If you renew the Hosting for that domain, your bar will reset to zero:

However, you may want to consider using a different Hosting company that will offer you more bandwidth.
Reply Quote
9/25/2008 22:38
But my hosting was for another year and a half. I couldn't possibly used the whole thing, I was watching the usage bar regularly and it was averaging 20 something gigabytes per month. My site's hits have gone down, not up since then...

I will be changing hosting companies but I can't do that for another month or two.

[This post has been edited by katkiwi on Sep 25, 2008 10:39pm.]
Reply Quote
10/2/2008 16:46
I'm going to send you an email with some information that might be useful.

I can't see the bandwidth you got per week/month.

In any case, between April and August, your site never got less than 24,000 unique hits a week.  With several hundred thousand total hits per week.  On one stretch, you had over 3 million total hits in a week.
Reply Quote