Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
websites down yet again
Posted By j_w
10/15/2010 09:21
It seems there have been server problems, your side, so that network connections to sites hosted by you *time out*.

This has happened many times today, as sometimes in the past few years.

Also, it's not been possible to access our websites to change/update them, although we can login.

It's not my ISP - as I've tried accessing my sites via various ISPs and different computers (cybercafes etc) so it seems a problem, your end.

So, just what's going on and when will this problem be resolved?

Also, when (1) will you get back up systems to stop this happening yet again; and (2) have some sort of info on your main website to inform us of technical problems, as many people have asked for over the years?
Reply Quote
10/15/2010 10:28
Thanks for asking this question j_w.  I  was on my way to ask when I saw your post.  Guess we'll both be sitting here waiting for an answer.
Reply Quote
10/15/2010 12:40
I have the same problem :(
Reply Quote
Posted By j_w
10/15/2010 12:57
Don't expect a speedy resolution, though...

I may be wrong (and please Dyndaot correct me if so), but it seems Dynadot is more interested in selling Domain Names than in web hosting, and doesn't even keep records of server uptime. Neither does it appear to have server backups, or more importantly it doesn't have any network redundancy for hosted websites in case their connection to their sole ISP backbone fails or there are some technical/bandwidth problems with their ISP.

Check out

http://twitter.com/dynadot

which says nothing about their latest website downtime. Maybe they're still hungover from the beerfest :)
Reply Quote
10/15/2010 13:06
Same problem here...
Came for an answer but them don't seem to know about it yet...
Reply Quote
Posted By r_s
10/15/2010 13:30
Same here :(

Down for almost a whole working day - and no word from Dyndaot. Not good.
Reply Quote
10/15/2010 14:51
same here...
Reply Quote
Posted By j_w
10/17/2010 13:04
According to Dynadot (via twitter) this is what happened -

Our web server experienced a DDos attack against one of our customer's websites, and we have finished adding fixes to mitigate this.
Reply Quote