Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Nothing works
12/15/2009 02:48
Hi there,

I am trying to do something very basic and simply upload my website onto the internet. I have registered www.laurenceware.co.uk .Your help section tells me to do the following:

Look for the "Dynadot Hosting" box at the bottom of the page.
Click the "[edit website]" link in the "Edit Site" column. A new web browser window should open, displaying the statistics for your web hosting plan.

Now when I actually login to my account the box which is called "Dynadot Hosting" is NOWHERE to be found!!! How am I meant to find out my FTP address etc?

Please help this is extremely frustrating

[This post has been edited by l_bristol_gb on Dec 15, 2009 2:48am.]
Reply Quote
12/15/2009 03:03
Did you buy hosting from dynadot??
Reply Quote
12/15/2009 03:07
Yes, I have paid for the domain for 2 years. Paying for the domain and paying for hosting arent 2 separate things are they?
Reply Quote
12/15/2009 05:47
Yes, domain registration and website hosting are different. The fee you pay for domain registration covers the ICANN fee, dynadot fee, etc. The fee you pay for website hosting buys you a space on the server.
Reply Quote
12/15/2009 07:53
i think you only purchased the domain so dynadot isn't responsible for the hosting.

you need to buy hosting from dynadot OR some other hosting company, then put their DNS in your domain and things will be fine.
Reply Quote