Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Local IP acess blocked
4/28/2013 09:12
Hello,

I am also experiencing frequent local IP access being blocked by DYNADOT after either -
a)uploading many files
b)testing scripts

In the second case, after making perhaps 20 consecutive page reloads, all local IP access on that workstation is blocked. I work with 3 computers and each in its turn loses access to that web address.

How is a web designer meant to use DYNADOT servers if local access is so often blocked?

I understand this is a security feature, but isn't there a way to have my home IP address tied to my own account?

Please understand how frustrating this is: In the process of uploading several directories each containing perhaps several hundred files and suddenly the server blocks itself.

I am pretty patient person, but this makes little sense to someone works on the occasional deadline.

regards,
RT Simon
Reply Quote
4/28/2013 17:16
We'd be happy to look into the cause of the IP block.  In most cases, yes we can whitelist an address on the server.  Please email us your IP address so we can investigate.
Reply Quote