Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
How to submit forms
7/3/2009 00:59
Hi,

I was wondering if I can get some help. I've set up a form to submit with entries that will submit to my email address. However I am missing something...-perhaps I need to connect the submit button to some server side script that I'm not aware of?

Thank you!
Greg
Reply Quote
7/8/2009 18:06
If your form requires any Server Side Scripting, you won't be able to run it with our hosting.  Our Hosting doesn't support it:

Are there any limitations to your web hosting plans?

We currently offer two types of web hosting. Each of our options has its pros and cons depending on your hosting needs. Here are a few limitations to our web hosting packages.

Our Email Hosting can be used for unlimited email accounts as well as a website (Email plans purchased after 2023/02/01 don't support website service anymore.); however:

• Email is only for simple, static HTML websites.
  • PHP and MySQL databases are not supported.
  • You cannot upload and run scripts, and there is no cgi-bin with existing scrips like formmail.
  • There is no shell access to your account (e.g. using SSH or telnet).
  • Spam websites, adult content, or illegal content are not allowed.

Not sure if web hosting is right for you? Check out our easy-to-use, intuitive Website Builder that requires no coding! Try it for free or upgrade to get more tools including email!

From Help Section: Email Plan > Are there any limitations to your web...

There are services out there that will let you run a form through their website/servers, you might want to consider using one of these services.
Reply Quote
8/28/2009 07:23
Hi -- I too would like to reinstate my old contact form (I had when I was hosted by another provider).

When I called a few weeks ago, I was told many of these services were free, but other than finding a place that suggested I load a cgi_bin to my site, I am unsure on how to proceed.  Do you have any companies to suggest?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, and I'd be happy to pay a modest upgrade in service if Dyndadot would consider allowing FormMail or something like it.

Thanks!
Reply Quote