Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Help with transferring JSP pages to Dynadot
1/12/2010 12:47
I'm relatively good at HTML, but the larger picture?  Not so much.  I hope you can help me with a problem.

I'm trying to get a website working that is comprised of JSP files.  I inherited upkeep of this website, which is newly hosted at Dynadot.  I have uploaded the JSP files.  However, if I try to view the pages (for example, index.jsp), the browser displays the code rather than the compiled page.  Obviously, the JSP isn't being compiled automatically.  Fine.  But now I enter the realm of total ignorance :-)

What do I need to do to make the website work as it should?  Is it an admin setting that I don't see?  Some software that I need to buy/download and install in the same folder?  Another solution?

Any help is much appreciated!
Reply Quote
1/12/2010 18:05
You have the Basic Hosting and I'm pretty sure you'd need the Advanced Hosting in order to run JSP files.  

I'll run a test tomorrow morning with your files just to make certain.
Reply Quote
1/13/2010 17:46
Sorry, neither of our hosting packages are currently set up to run .JSP files.
Reply Quote
1/14/2010 12:05
'Kay. Thanks for the quick reply.  Hmmmm.

Does Dynadot have any capabilities for other ways to  combine files?  You said no on the JavaScript. How about SSIs, PHP, AHP, Perl, CGI, other?

Basically, please tell me there is any other way I can include files besides hardcoding every single one into the same HTML file. Please! Ack!

TIA!

[This post has been edited by m_w_crofton_us on Jan 14, 2010 12:26pm.]
Reply Quote
1/22/2010 17:18
Our Advanced Hosting supports PHP, Perl and CGI.
Reply Quote