Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Questions concerning Dynadot Bandwidth
9/15/2009 22:15
Just had a few questions regarding bandwidth. My web hosting is Dynadot and I am on the 3 GB bandwidth plan,

- If I upgrade to say the 10 GB of bandwidth will it automatically give it to me right away?
- It says I have used 80% does that mean for this month? Like does it reset itself at the end of the month back to 0%?
- It there a way to get more bandwidth with Dynadot without having to upgrade your disk usage?
- Also why does bandwidth go up? Is it when people go to my website?

Thanks a ton!
Reply Quote
9/16/2009 12:32
Can someone help me out, my bandwidth is always used up so I need to know right away if it clears monthy or if I should upgrade.
Reply Quote
9/16/2009 13:54
The bandwidth counter does not reset every month.  

Right now, the bandwidth you see is the total bandwidth you get for your package.  3GB a month x 12 months = 36GB or 36,000.00 MB.  

So you've used up 80% of your bandwidth for the year.  

If you upgrade to the bigger package, your counter would reset immediately.  

"It there a way to get more bandwidth with Dynadot without having to upgrade your disk usage?"

Sorry, there isn't currently a way to do that.  

"Also why does bandwidth go up? Is it when people go to my website?"

Basically, yes.  When someone visits your website, everything is downloaded to the visitors computer.  This includes HTML files, images, videos, or whatever else you have on your website.  Every piece of data that is transferred reduces the amount of bandwidth you have remaining.
Reply Quote