Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
PHP and MYSQL
5/23/2009 10:43
I've seen in other threads here that Dynadot is planning on
having PHP and MYSQL with its web hosting plans. Will there
be a price increase with this and if I buy a web hosting
package now will I automatically get these new features when
they are introduced or will I have to upgrade to another
package?
Reply Quote
5/23/2009 19:28
MY TWO VOTES WORTH on this issue.

VERSION of PHP

I only know PHP 4.  As I understand that PHP 5 is not backward compatable, i.e. A PHP4 program will not work in PHP 5, I just hope they would have PHP4 as an option.

AS FOR COSTS - Prices for web hosting accounts

I really love the $1 per month as it is, for plain HTML websites of which do not need PHP nor Mysql.

I am a web developer of different websites, some need PHP/Mysql, some websites do not.

I love the great value of $1 per month or $11.99 per year for the plain version.

Perhaps if Dynadot wants to charge more for their web hosting if they add PHP/Mysql to their system, then perhaps it should be more of a 'pay extra to get the php/mysql' in the webhosting.
Reply Quote
6/2/2009 11:07
We don't know the specifics yet.  We are still researching our options.
Reply Quote
6/2/2009 15:08
OK. Look forward to seeing what you implement. :)
Reply Quote
6/2/2009 15:52
I hope this plan will come. (:
Reply Quote
7/28/2009 07:41
Dear Dynadot,
if you decide to configure PHP/MySQL for the webhosting, will it be running on a separate server? I just need a simple and fast static "outsourced" hosting for the pictures and css from my main project so I'd prefer nothing else but HTTP server running on the machine :)
Also, what HTTP server do you use? I hope it's nginx or lighttpd, not Apache.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
7/29/2009 15:35
It would most likely be run on a separate server. I'm not sure of what type HTTP server will be used.
Reply Quote
7/30/2009 11:42
j_s_narre_warren_au, PHP4 apps have a good chance to work with PHP5 too, if it doesnt, you change it a little.. as far as i know, php4 is dead, no updates, no security fixes, which is bad for production, very bad
most linux setups can run both (php4 and) php5 and php6 along side, its not hard to setup, i for one would go for fastcgi but this might hurt the "cheap" hosting part..or it might not, im not experienced enough to say

[This post has been edited by phicore on Jul 30, 2009 11:42am.]
Reply Quote