Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Migrating web hosting to Dynadot & using Google Apps
10/14/2008 10:46
I am switching web hosts to Dynadot.  While I was able to upload the website files fine, I have been using Google Apps for the email with the previous host.  When trying to enter the Google MX records, though, Dynadot's options say to 'Use our name servers, but specify your own DNS record'. Under that, there are required settings of 'Domain Record', and 'IP address or Target Host' What's this all about?  The instructions from Google don't mention these, but just give the MX Records values.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Chris

UPDATE:  I have it figured out, so no need to reply.  The page I was having troubles with was a bit confusing, and I was looking at the wrong spot to enter the info.

[This post has been edited by c_m_portland_us on Oct 14, 2008 3:45pm.]
Reply Quote
10/14/2008 16:43
If you are using our Hosting, you need to add your MX records in the box titled "Email Forwarding Settings."

The MX record entries shown in the "Advanced Dynadot DNS" box are only for users who want to add either an A record or a CNAME.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Oct 14, 2008 4:45pm.]
Reply Quote
11/10/2008 20:41
So if I'm having google handle the email for a domain, which section should I enter it under? I have several CNAMEs and A records that I've added too. Do I add the MX records Google specifies in the CNAME section (under MX records)? Or under email forwarding?

Thanks for any info.
Reply Quote