Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Google Apps Email
6/13/2009 21:13
I'm setting up Google Apps for my domain email. Do I need the
"webhost email" addon for $8.00 to be able to use my email with Google Apps through my domain hosted here at DynaDot?

Nevermind this part. I got it working.
Also, when I setup the "Deliver email to another mail host (MX record):" and saved changes, I got the following message:

"Changes to Dynadot Email Forwarding Settings are usually updated every 5 minutes. Email forwarding settings are not in use when using the "Dynadot DNS" selection, though any email settings changes will be saved."

At the top of this same page (after saving changes) it says that my domain "is using Dynadot DNS". Does this mean that the email forwarding will not work this way? If so, do I set the email forwarding under the "Advanced Dynadot DNS" instead?

[This post has been edited by b_t_alexandria_ca on Jun 14, 2009 9:21am.]

[This post has been edited by b_t_alexandria_ca on Jun 14, 2009 10:38am.]

[This post has been edited by b_t_alexandria_ca on Jun 14, 2009 10:38am.]
Reply Quote
6/18/2009 16:22
No, you don't need to purchase our Email Add on for your Google email to work.  

I don't think it matters which box you put the MX records in, our system will recognize them in either section.   That message you received might be something left over from a past version of our DNS service.
Reply Quote
6/19/2009 20:38
Thanks. I got it figured out. I appreciate the help.

P.S. I'm so impressed with the services and customizability you offer, as well as the support, that I'm creating all my new domains with DynaDot from now on. ;)
Reply Quote