Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Dynadot's POP3 Server Problems?
3/20/2008 12:03
I've hosted my domain and email at 2 other ISP's during the last 10 years. Just started using Dynadot's service last week.

Now I'm getting intermittent errors trying to connect to POP3 server. (Outlook receiving 0x800CCC0F: The connection to the server was interrupted.) Eventually the email comes through, but not without many, many error sequences first. I've checked and rechecked my Outlook settings, even created a new Outlook profile. And as stated, I never had any problems until using Dynadot's service. Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
12/16/2008 00:19
I have the same problem too, actually since I have a domain at dynadot. Lately the "lost" connectivity increased and it starts to bother me more and more.  The message I get is following:

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.webhost.dynadot.com account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.webhost.dynadot.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 1110
Secure(SSL): No

I have this problem with Outlook as well as Windows Live Mail.
Reply Quote
12/16/2008 17:53
Do you have a firewall on your computer?  That may be what is causing the socket errors.
Reply Quote
12/20/2008 15:16
Exactly the same problem here. Sometimes its more frequent, other times it works almost well. But ever is very annoying.

No firewall here.
Reply Quote
12/24/2008 07:32
I have a firewall. But what causes the inconsistency? Sometimes access is perfect, many times I have to click the send/receive button more than once. I haven't changed any firewall settings.
Reply Quote