Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Dynadot hosting question
2/3/2007 16:00
Hi, I'm a newbie here, just purchased two domain names, and I have already sent this question to Support. But as I don't know how long that will take I am asking here as well.
I want to purchase Dynadot $1 a month hosting as well, but it doesn't support php/mysql. Frankly these terms are all Greek to me and I don't know what I will or will not be able to do without them. I use Dreamweaver to build my pages. Does that mean I won't be able to use this program? All I need to know really is do I need php/mysql.
Thanks

Gail
Reply Quote
2/3/2007 19:30
You should be able to use Dreamweaver, assuming you only have HTML files. Dynadot does not support any scripts or server side includes (SSI).

[This post has been edited by domainmaster on Feb 3, 2007 7:33pm.]
Reply Quote
Posted By other
2/3/2007 20:13
"I use Dreamweaver to build my pages."
Depends on what features you put in your website. If you stick with HTML and simple, no-nonsense design you will be fine.

"All I need to know is do I need php/mysql?"
MY SQL is for databases and Word Press. Web CTM: Web Content Management Applications and tools.

PHP is for advanced users. If this is your first website, don't use PHP you will likely run into trouble.

Also, WebHero.com offers free hosting including PHP, if you register a domain name with them. So you can use these features, together with your current DynaDot hosting.

This is a good way to save lots of cash. I have used Web Hero, they are a good company. But if you are just starting out ...

DynaDot has the most user friendly platform out there.
Web Hero control panel, user interface is moderately difficult/ more complex.
Reply Quote
2/4/2007 01:22
Thank you so much for the responses. I have also received a reply from Support so I am going ahead with the purchase, as I wont be losing anything.
Lol, yes it is my first website that I have set up all by myself, so I will take the advice about PHP. And thanks for the nod about Webhero too.
I love using Dreamweaver so I am very happy that I won't have any problems with it.
Thanks again. What a great forum!

Gail
Reply Quote
6/26/2010 13:45
In a reply you said that Dynadot does not support scripts or SSI. My pages (www.bsamstag.com) uses many "scripts", and they seem to be working fine.  So, could you be wrong about SSI?  I would very much like to use Server Side Includes in several of my pages.  Is there an option or alternative?

Thanks,
B Samstag
Reply Quote