Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Different hosting for domain and subdomain
12/17/2008 02:37
Hi,
I have my domain forwarded to namedrive domain parking.

But, I want to create a subdomain blog.mysite.com to use with a blogger account.

Is this possible?
And how to create the subdomain? I already try to do that but what do i put (A or CNAME) and what wiil be the target host?

Thanks, and sorry for the bad english.

Marco
Reply Quote
12/17/2008 16:41
The following steps are a little risky.  If NameDrive changes their IP address, your website will go down.  

These instructions also assume that NameDrive allows direct IP access.  You may  want to email them to see if you are allowed to connect directly to their IP address.

If you want to park your domain and create a subdomain, please follow these steps:

1.  Find out the IP addresses for NameDrive.
2.  Log into your Dynadot account.
3.  Click on the "Domains" tab at the top of the page.
4.  Check the box next to your domain name and then press the "Set Name Servers" button.  
5.  Scroll down to the "Advanced Dynadot DNS" box.
6.  Your first Domain Record (required) will be an A record that points to NameDrive's IP address.
7.  Your first subdomain record will be "www."  This will also be an A record that points to NameDrive's IP address.
8.  Your second subdomain can be whatever you want.  This is the record that will point to your Blogger.  This will be a "CNAME" and point to "ghs.google.com."

9.  Make sure you log into your account at Blogger and set up your custom domain name.
Reply Quote