Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Connectivity Issues
8/4/2008 11:17
I'm having issues with the hosting of the website and email. I get a general "not connected" on the first attempt after a couple days of inactivity every time. When connecting to the pop server pop.webhost.dynadot.com  via Outlook I get a "timed out" error receiving mail. When connecting to the website www.briantaylor.me via Firefox/IE I get a "Page not found" error. The error almost always goes away on the second attempt, but I'd appreciate it if this was resolved.

Thanks,

Brian Taylor
Reply Quote
8/20/2008 08:54
I've been having the same issue.  My e-mail clients almost never get a connection to the POP server the first time. Usually have to click the send/receive button a few times before I get a connection.  Maybe the synadot POP server isn't configured to accept enough simultaneous connections?
Reply Quote
9/8/2008 20:29
Well, this issue is continuing. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. Now, I'm lucky if I can get the send/receive to go through in Outlook after 5-6 tries. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. I am only receiving these errors in Outlook relating to my two domains I purchased here, and not any others. So, this is definitely an issue with your hosting provider. Can you please look into this?

See here for screenshot of Outlook error:
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4923/outlook1qj8.png

[This post has been edited by b_t_alexandria_ca on Sep 8, 2008 8:30pm.]
Reply Quote
12/16/2008 00:13
I have the same problem too, actually since I have a domain at dynadot. Lately the "lost" connectivity increased and it starts to bother me more and more.  The message I get is following:

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop.webhost.dynadot.com account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.webhost.dynadot.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 1110
Secure(SSL): No

I have this problem with Outlook as well as Windows Live Mail.
Reply Quote
12/26/2008 12:44
I'm now not able to send emails at all. I've tried sending to several email addresses (at different hosts) with the same result. It seems like something has changed with your email host in the last couple days. See below for the return message I receive when sending an email.

P.S. I have no issues with any of my other email addresses, only the ones hosted by DynaDot.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at webhost.dynadot.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<email address removed for privacy (Brian Taylor)>:
Connected to 65.54.245.40 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 OU-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support
Reply Quote
12/27/2008 00:23
Hello,

We just doubled the capacity of the POP server. Let us know if you are still getting problems.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
12/27/2008 11:13
Thank you for the quick response. The issue with the emails being blocked is now corrected. I hope the upgrade to your POP server solves the other, intermittent connectivity problem as well.
Reply Quote
2/27/2009 13:35
I am still consistently getting errors when trying to send/receive emails. Every day I have to try several (8+) tries to successfully receive or send emails with my email account hosted with DynaDot. Most of the time, after trying 10 times or so, I give up and use another email account.

Is the actual email server on a different continent, or something? I had this same problem with a previous host and it turned out the email host was in the UK. With me being in Canada, using that email account became very bothersome.

Any assistance would be appreciated in this matter. If the host is simply in a geographic location not suitable for me where I am, then fine. But, I've been having this issue since I first starting paying for this service, and so far I've not been able to use it more than 5% of the time.
Reply Quote
3/18/2009 13:04
I'm losing my patience with this continuous email connectivity issue. After trying about 50 times to successfully receive a test email through Outlook I logged into this site and was able to read the email without problems. It seems like the issue is definitely limited to just the pop3 server you use to host email accounts.

I am, so far, satisfied with the other services provided by DynaDot, but this email issue is forcing me to consider moving to a different host. If the email issue is not resolved by the time my hosting expires (2009/07/30) I will not be renewing my service and will find a different hosting provider.
Reply Quote
4/6/2009 12:18
We have uploaded a new pop server that hopefully will resolve the Outlook issues.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
4/6/2009 15:00
Thank you! I have noticed that my email accounts with DynaDot have been working almost flawlessly for the last few days. I have to apologize if I was curt about this issue, but I setup this domain to be my primary contact via email and my email rarely worked through the previous pop server you had. But now that you have resolved my email issues, I believe I will be free to enjoy your services as I'm sure you intend for all of your customers.

Thanks again for the excellent, if utimely, support!

[This post has been edited by b_t_alexandria_ca on Apr 6, 2009 3:02pm.]

[This post has been edited by b_t_alexandria_ca on Apr 6, 2009 3:03pm.]
Reply Quote