Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Bandwidth used up?
2/24/2009 12:49
Apparently I've used up my bandwidth. How can I fix this and what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

Also, where can I find out how much bandwidth I'm allowed for my website?

[This post has been edited by l_k_winnipeg_ca on Feb 24, 2009 12:50pm.]
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 11:29
Same problem with my site! As per today(02.25.09) my bandwidth is fully used!!! Is this real or a bug somwhere into webhost's bandwidth counter...
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 11:44
In my case, it wasn't a bug at all, I just had a lot of hits to my website and apparently it caused the bandwidth to be used up.

I just want to know how to fix it, my website is offline and I don't appreciate paying for nothing.
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 11:58
Why not increase your bandwidth by paying for a more robust plan, I bet that would work.  You know, like pay as you grow.

V
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 12:54
Yes, I've been thinking about that, it certainly makes sense. Since apparently I averaged 12, 000 hits per day for the month of February, so this definitely calls for a bigger plan.

However, is there any way to get my website back online in the meantime? Reset the bandwidth counter or something?

Also, does anyone know how to calculate how many hits would equal how big of a website you would need? Right now I only have the starter, 10 GB.

So in order to compensate for 12000 hits per day, how much GB space would I need?
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 13:39
I would guess it would most likely reset at the beginning of each month, 3 days to go, unless however you upgraded prior to that.

Good luck w/ it.
V

[This post has been edited by m_v_fl_usa on Feb 25, 2009 1:40pm.]
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 16:38
I just found out it resets once a year. Very annoying. I have to get a bigger plan to activate my website, I have no choice in the matter.

Does anyone know how to upgrade? I can't seem to figure it out. When I click "renew" I don't get any options. Anyone?
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 18:19
To renew and upgrade your Hosting, please follow these steps:

1.  Log into your Dynadot account.
2.  Scroll down to the "Dynadot Hosting" box.
3.  Place a check mark next to your hosted domain and press the "Renew Hosting" button.  
4.  Press "Checkout" once.  
5.  Select the new size from the dropdown menu and then press the "Update" button.  
6.  You can proceed through checkout from there.
Reply Quote